My Money Where My Mouth is... In a Jar

An idle idea, in blogland, can sometimes become something rather larger. Karen of Did You Make That? decided that as part of her New Year's planning, she would create a jar of projects or promises, Sewlutions if you will, and track their progress on her blog. I don't know about you, but in the heady moments when 2013 seemed to stretch endlessly before me, I felt like I could achieve a great deal. So I threw my hat into the ring, and I now have not one, not even two, but three targets to meet before the end of the year.

Just to keep me honest, here they are:
1. Finish my 'Dutch Tiles' quilt. This quilt top has been languishing for much, much too long. On the one hand, I love piecing, and am a bit afraid of quilting. On the other, this large blue / white sheet comes in rather handy as a table-cloth at craft fairs... but enough's enough. I want it to be finished.



2. Make my Minoru jacket. I've seen so many of these looking great, and Karen herself recommends it as her favourite make of 2012, plus there are great tutorials and tips included in the Sewaholic sew-along pages , but I've got stuck with my fabric choice. I want to make the non-hooded version, in a teal / turquoise fabric, and I have the flannel lining to match... but I'm not sure where to go to find a slightly water-resistant (showerproof, perhaps) outer fabric. Any suggestions are welcome, but otherwise this might be waiting until I can make a trip to London.

3. Sort out the bedroom curtains. Experience making curtains I like? Check. Fabric for these curtains, washed and dried? Check. Blackout lining purchased and ready to go? Check. Enough floor space to cut out 3 x 2.5m curtains and hand-hem them before I take them to my machine? Sadly lacking. I'm hoping for a weekend when I'm not doing much else. Or a Bank Holiday. I suspect May might be a good time.

didyoumakethat

Comments

Popular Posts