Some sweaters

I'm back! I was writing, and knitting, and writing, and knitting, and sewing, and writing, and knitting, and now I have a little bit of time, and inspiration (but no photos... sorry!)

In all the knitting I have been doing, (an Ishbel, a Seascape, progress on the Drops alpaca cardigan knit in Rowan all-seasons cotton) there's been a lot that still hasn't been started. I like jumpers and cardigans: I like knitting them, I like that they are real garments, I like choosing the patterns, and I like wearing them when they're done, and I've now got a fair few in my queue. This week I've taken one step closer, and printed all the patterns, picked yarn for three out of the four, and will probably cast-on for one of them over the weekend. So, over the next few months (if I remember to blog about them, and don't get waylaid by lace), I will be making:

The Minimalist Cardigan from Interweave knits, in Oxford Kitchen Yarn which has been in my stash for over a year because I realised it didn't want to be the pattern for which I had bought it. This is what I'll be casting-on next, and I'm hoping it will be a relatively quick knit, though I'm not looking forward to that amount of moss stitch.

The Wicked Eyelet Vest, modified to button only from the empire line upwards, in rowan cashsoft dk, which I need to order.

Owls by Kate Davies in (probably) some form of Debbie Bliss Donegal Tweed.

The Ethel Mildred Ferguson Pullover from the Family Trunk Project by Emily Johnson in some as-yet-unidentified yarn.

and finally, Oblique by Veronique Avery, in rowan cashsoft aran.

If I can get all of those done before this time next year, I'll be impressed... but the hope is that the MC and the WEV will be done by autumn, Owls should be a quick project, and finished for the winter, and that EMF and Oblique will fit in along the way. Both the last two have interesting details which should stop me putting them down for too long, in favour of lace or cables elsewhere.

As for what is on the needles at present - nothing. I've just cast off the last piece of the Drops cardigan, and will be sewing that up tomorrow and this weekend, all ready to wear next week (I hope). Maybe by then, I'll even have pictures to show you!

Comments

Popular Posts