An FO parade

Ermmm.... I appear to have become an irregular blogger without ever being a regular one. I am still alive, and still crafting away quite happily - with the result that I have some FOs to show you!

First up, the Gathered Pullover from Interweave Knits. I started this over Easter, and I'm sure it would have been a quick, fun knit... if only I hadn't kept stopping knitting for a week at a time. As it was, it took me 5 months to complete, but I'm happy with it, and it's getting a good amount of wear. (Bad, bad photo - I'll get one of it in action soon :)

I made some modifications to make sure it fit and suited me - essentially adding waist shaping, and moving the cable pattern down a couple of inches (more detail on the mods can be found on ravelry)

And here're some of the things I've sewn since I started the pullover.
Skirts: always quick and easy, and make me feel like I've made an effort to put an outfit together. These two are a modification of a Simplicity pattern, which I used a couple of years ago to make a trio of every-day long skirts, and have since shortened (the brief revival of Victoriana having passed).



I fell for the fabric for the dress, and then had to search for a pattern that would let me make the most of the embroidery. Not being able to hem it and thus make sure that all the edges were even made more difference to how I cut it out than I expected, but I'm pleased with the outcome. I was worried about wearing white to a wedding, but I like the way the black balances out, and I may yet be converted to ribbon straps on more things!

And these two are from Burda WOS sometime in summer 2007. Lots of fun to make, and a bit more unusual, they're lined to just above the knee (though the lighter fabric still has some transparency issues).

That's the FOs for now - I promise to show you some progress pics before everything on my needles (and in the sewing box) is finished.

Comments

Popular Posts