A First Post, and a Festival of Quilts

How to begin? With a Messy Tuesday post, even if today is Wednesday. Here's the mess:


And here's the relative tidiness that has resulted from emptying all those boxes!


My new office, complete with huge desk, tiny computer, and amazing view.

Perhaps even more exciting than that was last Friday, when I met up with Katie, Liz, Ellen, Kim, Jaq, Jackie and Hilary at the NEC in Birmingham for the Festival of Quilts. I had been warned that I would be overwhelmed, that I risked spending a fortune and developing "quilt eye", but the real thing was even better, and I think I was relatively restrained in my expenditure. My most expensive purchases were a "walking" and a "1/4 inch" foot for my sewing machine, which will make piecing and quilting lots easier, and the only additions
to my stash are these:

some reds and oranges for a Christmas present, and a fat quarter of sheep for me. The latter is from the button company, a stall that we returned to time and again, for buttons and felt as well as their fun japanese fabrics. All in all, lots of fun, and a great chance to see some of the Oxford Bluestockings again, now that I'm elsewhere.

Comments

Liz said…
Your office looks great! Bet it won't stay that tidy though.
katieh said…
Yay! You're blogging! :D

*beams*
Cadencia said…
Your office is so tidy! I wish I could manage that amount of sorting out. It was lvoely to meet you at the NEC and good news that you now have a blog!

Popular Posts